Welcome to the grace foundation
of taylors island, maryland
The Grace Foundation was founded in December 1950, and held its first meeting on Taylors Island, Maryland on May 13, 1951. The first officers were Senator George L. Radcliffe as President, F. Arnold Travers as Treasurer, and George M. Radcliffe as Secretary.
The Articles of Incorporation state that the purpose of the foundation is to “receive, hold, and administer property of all kinds for charitable, historic, scientific, religious, and educational purposes pertaining to Taylors Island and its surrounding territory”. It is understood that the preservation of the history and traditions of Taylors Island remain a primary objective. The foundation has taken ownership, and responsibility for maintenance and preservation, of several buildings and four graveyards on the island. An annual meeting is held every spring on Taylors Island on the grounds of Grace Church. Membership is open to the public.