Chaplain Memorial Church
This wooden frame church was constructed and dedicated August 8, 1889 and has been in continual operation since that time. The Reverend George Bounds organized the church in 1888. The Church was named for Reverend Dr. John F. Chaplain and served the Methodist Protestant Denomination. Land on which this church was built was donated by Jeremiah and Annie (Keene) Spicer in 1887.