The LanE Methodist Episcopal Church is located at 4511 Hooper's Neck Road. it is one of the last tangible remnants of the African-American community that defined this section of the island. While this church dates to the last years of the nineteenth century, an earlier African-American church was located Nearby as a "Color'd Church" is indicated almost next to the Bethlehem Church on the Parson's Creek district map that included Taylor's Island in the 1877 Lake, Griffing, and Stevenson Atlas. The cemetery for this congregation is located directly behind the Bethlehem Church in a small clearing. The church is no longer in use. The grace foundation of taylors island does not own or maintain this church. However, the foundation does own and maintain the old lane cemetery.